Sunday, May 18, 2008

Days 2 and 3 (May 17-18)

This weekend was the last LSO concert of the season, so I didn't get in as much exercise and practice as I'd hoped, but here's the breakdown.

Music/Practice:

Saturday - had two students to teach and a concert to play, so I didn't practice much: about an hour and a half. about 4-5 hours of playing time, but not all practicing, mostly demonstrating and performing.

Stunday - no practicing. Had the brothers this morning and the concert and BBQ this afternoon, so i got home around 8:30. Again, played for probably 4 hours, but it was mostly demonstrating, warming up (though I did get in at least 45 min of scales and tough concerto passages in the warmup), and performing.

Exercise/Health:

Saturday - ate really well until the night, when I stopped at taco bell to get some food on the way home. did not agree with me so well. note to self: don't eat shitty food because it just makes you feel crappy. didn't really have time to exercise because i was practicing in between lessons and concert

Sunday - ate pretty well today, considering the BBQ. the worst thing i ate was probably a cookie, but i ate plenty of vegetables and two burgers, so that was ok. came home and had a little pasta.

Mental:

Still haven't started a new book yet. I think I'm going to read The Picture of Dorian Gray. I was supposed to read it in high school, but didn't even kind of read it.

WOTDs:

heirophant: A priest on ancient Greece. OR a commentator/advocate

jericho: A place out of the way; and unspecified place; a place of concealment.

No comments: